4/27/2006

I am such a snob about American Culture and would never enter a U.S. franchise when abroad. Yesterday I got my comeupance! We were in Querataro (sp?) and I ordered a Quesidella Especial. Halfway into it my lips and gullet were a thousand points of fire! The Especial must have been xxx chilli. I grabbed money from Bruce, flung myself out of the restaurant, across the plazza and into the arms of my savior - Mr. Baskins-Robins! It was a 2 scoop alarm. Thank you America!

Another funny thing in Queratro was buying a silver necklace. I verified it was sterling & got it home only to discover it was made in Italy. Moral of these stories: never assume you know what you're doing! --N

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 3:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

 
At 4/27/2006 5:50 p.m., Blogger Sue/Robert said...

Wonder how Bob/ Robert would have reacted to the FIRE....actually I think he would've been FACE-FIRST into a TALL chocolate icecream sundae, no fire there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home