4/30/2006







The tour to the pyramids at Teotihucan (Mexico City)was long and hot but so very worthwhile. The sungod climbed both the Sun and the Moon pyramids but the bright sun and 90 degrees was too much for me. My forte was haggling for sterling silver and turquoise bracelets. Sellers of junk and treasurers were omnipresent and dogged ones steps constantly.

After the museum I began interacting with school (tour) kids. Soon I was a must-stop for 4 different tours with me asking thir names in Spanish and teaching them to say "How are You?" and "Fine, thank you" in English. Shaking their hands and asking them to come to Canada always brought on the giggles. I loved talking to the bring-along parents, too. The role seems to be the same whatever the language.--N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home